HeliSpirit seeks expressions of interest from quality employees to undertake a variety of roles at our headquarters in Kununurra, WA and at our seasonal remote bases across the Kimberley, Pilbara and into the Northern Territory.
HeliSpirit is an equal opportunity employer and our varied team of employees includes roles such as pilots, aircraft maintenance and technical engineers, ground handling staff, stores persons, and check-in/reservations staff.
B2 LAME – Aviair & HeliSpirit Kununurra
Aviair and HeliSpirit are leading aviation companies with headquarters in Kununurra and other key bases in Broome and Karratha WA. Combining fixed-wing and rotary wing aircraft, the two companies provide charter, RPT and tourism services to the regions from numerous bases across the Kimberley and Pilbara. Both companies operate their own aircraft maintenance facilities and jointly manage a fleet of aircraft including B200, C208, PC12, GA8, R22, R44, R66, Long Ranger and Jet Ranger aircraft.
To support our growth, we are seeking a B2 LAME who is a positive and safety focused team player to join our Kununurra team. This opportunity would suit someone looking for the lifestyle change that only the Kimberley and Pilbara can provide!
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A CASR Part 66 B2 Aircraft Engineer Licence
- Relevant fleet experience
- At least 6 months of relevant aircraft or aeronautical product maintenance experience in the preceding 2 years
- Computer literacy
- ASIC eligibility
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing aircraft maintenance in accordance with the provisions of the aircraft approved maintenance data
- In conjunction with the Stores Supervisor, ensuring all parts and materials are airworthy and appropriate for their fitment
- Ensuring that work undertaken is carried out safely, in line with the best industry practices, with the most efficient and economical use of labour, materials and other resources
- Maintaining the work area in a clean and tidy state
- Ensuring that Aviair policies, procedures and instructions are adhered to for all maintenance
- Reporting all defects or faults identified during the course of aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance
- Ensuring that all worksheets and documents are signed as work is completed, ensuring a comprehensive hand-over is carried out as required and maintaining up-to-date information including accurate man-hour recording
- Maintaining required authorisations, licences and approvals as required (including Aircraft Engineer Licence, ASIC and Airside Drivers Licence)
- Keeping the Senior Base Engineer informed on progress of the task allocated and any problems which may affect the completion including defects, deficiencies in spares, tooling, ground support and test equipment
- Reporting to the Group Quality Manager and Head of Maintenance any deviation from procedures
- Providing guidance and instruction to apprentices and unlicensed engineers as required
- Adhering to the Aviair Quality & Safety Policy
- Maintaining currency with respect to all relevant documentation and the revision status of company manuals
- Liaising with Head of Maintenance and SBE to ensure timely completion of maintenance and engineering activities and providing regular updates as time frames are revised
- Other duties as directed by the Head of Maintenance and Senior Base Engineer
Please send your LAME licence and Resume with a covering letter outlining your experience to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
See also: Aviair Vacancies
Our headquarters in Kununurra are open all year, with our various seasonal bases operating from April to October each year. Recruitment is ongoing and we encourage expressions of interest from suitably qualified pilots all year.
Our peak hiring period begins in January-February each year and inductions commence in March. All pilots undergo extensive training and checking prior to commencement to ensure the highest standard of our flight crew.
With multiple locations and aircraft types complimented by ongoing training; HeliSpirit offers the right candidate a pathway to an exciting career within this dynamic, global industry.
To apply, send your resume detailing total flight time, hours on type, turbine hours, date of birth and a current photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.