Reservations / Operations Assistant
Helispirit is seeking a positive and professional person to manage the front desk and provide support to the Operations Manager and other staff at our Kununurra head office.
This dynamic and busy role involves quoting and taking reservations for scenic and charter helicopter flights, liaising with scenic and charter customers and assisting the Operations Manager with the logistics of running remote helicopter bases.
The successful applicant will have high-level computer literacy and excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills. They will be highly organised, self-motivated and a team player. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is crucial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception duties, including greeting passengers, answering phones, directing calls and taking messages.
- Assist the OM to ensure base staff enter all bookings correctly into Takeflite.
- Assist the OM with the management of the remote bases and their ongoing supply and associated logistics.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service at all times
- Take reservations, bookings and enquiries, including taking payment for bookings (including charters) as well as telephone payments and deposits for tours etc.
- Providing Quotes for Charters as requested by clients
- Scheduling Charters and Scenic Helicopter Flights on a daily basis
- Responsible for printing Pilot Manifests
- Liaising with customers and tour companies to organise charter and scenic flights
- Ensure all bookings are entered into Takeflite with a high level of accuracy
- Ensure all Tours and Charters are reviewed on a daily basis
- Must be familiar with all tours offered by the company and maintain product knowledge throughout the season
- Answering Phone in a prompt and professional manner
- Respond to Emails and Faxes promptly
- Taking payment for bookings, telephone payment etc.
- Reconcile Takings and EFT machine on a daily basis
- Participate in the rotation of After Hours phone.
- Enter helicopter flight bookings and tours into the reservations system, run reports from the system, and conduct regular audits of the system data to ensure accuracy.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of HeliSpirit logistics and business operations, including recording passenger weights; ordering picnic lunches; utilising company vehicles to provide pickup and drop-off services for HeliSpirit customers; and recording Pilot ‘Search and Rescue’ (SAR) times promptly and accurately, in line with CASA regulations.
- Represent and promote HeliSpirit at after-hours functions as and when you believe appropriate in consultation with the Managing Director / Operations Manager.
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Director, Operations Manager, Administration Manager, Marketing Manager and other staff within the company, including staff at the remote HeliSpirit bases.
- Ensure an effective operation of the office, including reception duties, stationary orders, printing of manuals, filing and data entry.
- Manage staff accommodation houses
- Make travel arrangements including flights and accommodation for staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Coordinate uniform requirements and procurement
- Other operational and administrative duties as required.
Additional Duties (as required)
- In consultation with the Operations Manager ensure that aircraft are scheduled effectively to provide for the requirements of daily flight operations.
- In consultation with the Operations Manager ensure that pilots are rostered to maximise their flight and duty times so as to provide for the requirements of daily flight operations.
- In consultation with the Managing Director and Operations Manager, manage the maintenance of the rotary wing fleet in a manner that provides for maximum asset availability, coordinated completion of scheduled maintenance, maximum utilization of engineering personnel and development of contingency plans at times of unscheduled maintenance requirements.
- Attend a weekly meeting between Operations and Engineering and prepare the two-week plan for aircraft maintenance.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to monitor the progression of the maintenance plan and adjust when necessary.
- Ensure that all changes to the fleet status are conveyed to all Operations and Reservations Staff and that these changes are annotated on Takeflite.
Key skills required:
- High-level customer service and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and logistical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, be self-motivated and work without supervision
- Positive team player with a pro-active attitude
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and professional organisation in a spectacular location of Western Australia. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Please send your resume with a covering letter referencing the position you are applying for and outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.